Saturday, October 8, 2022

Tied Up Alone

The sharp pang in my head snapped me back from the darkness I was surrounded by. However, the echoes of the cries and screams heightened the pain that ran continuously in my ears. Trying to open my head, I was almost blindfolded by the bright rays of the sunlight.

I attempted to do this again and this time around I was able to see white patches in the room I was in.

"She is awake!"

A small voice of a man a code so close to me. On parting my eyelids, the white ceiling above me greeted me, and this confirmed my present situation. I was not in my room and apparently, I wasn't in any familiar environment. 

Realizing this, I sprung my face to the side of the bed and caught a glance of two enormous men standing at the front of what seemed to be a door. Seeing that I was awake, the man stopped speaking and worked towards me.

Frightened, I tried to jump off the bed, but restraints on my arms and legs prevented me from doing so. All I could do was stare at the men, surprisingly, without the ability to yell at them.

"Oh, hello there, sleeping beauty." One of the men, a black-skinned, buffed thug with a red bandana tied on his forehead, and dangling from his hand, a long rifle.

Did I mention that I was scared? Well now, I'm pretty much sure I was petrified. 

Never have I seen a weapon as long as what the man held, and coupling it up with the men in control of it.

Struggling to break free from my sudden dumbness, I tore my lips with a slight gasp.

Getting my voice back, I did what any responsible human will do in my situation, or rather the opposite.

I shouted. "Help."

Somehow, I knew that my actions were stupid, but this was confirmed only after the men rounded into a burst of mocking laughter.

Calming down, I begged. 

"Please let me go. You have the wrong person. I'm just a poor, stupid girl. I don't stick my nose in businesses that don't concern me. Trust me, I don't have a good memory, so I will forget your faces as soon as I'm let out. I promise not to mention a word to the police about this."

The men exchanged a look, before laughing again.

And, I began to cry. Whenever I was faced with a situation that was greater than me, I always blabbered my way out of it. If that doesn't work, then I'll cry and get away.

But, now, neither seemed to work.

Not ready to give up, I pushed myself up on the bed, and after many attempts, I was able to hoist myself to my button, sitting up.

The men had ignored me and returned to the doorway. It was then that I took a proper look at the room I was held in. It was an enormous room, almost thrice my bedroom back at home.

The room was painted glossy white. Farthest from me was a couple of wardrobes and a door which I mentally took note of figuring out if escape would be possible through it.

Trailing further, I noticed a huge screen TV hanging on the wall adjacent to the bed, and on looking around, I saw that I was on a king-sized royal bed.

What shocked me the most was that I was actually restrained by nothing but a fancy lace rope.

God. Is this real?

Without thinking twice, I attempted to wriggle out of the ones holding my hands, but it could have been easier if my fingers were able to work through the knots.

I glanced up and noticed that the men were looking at me, but they didn't flinch.

Then, the other one, a much shorter fatter man, turned the knob on the door close to them and opened the door.

I strained my eyes to get a view of what was beyond the door, but I couldn't see a thing. The men walked out and when it was obvious that I will be the only one in the room, I screamed at them.

"Where are you going! I said you should let me go!"

But, they ignored me and I could hear their laughs, but this time accompanied by other voices.

My eyes widened. 

How many men were out there? Am I the only one held here? Why am I held here? Where is here?

The last I could remember was being carted away from our college with my other schoolmates and classmates. All I know was that everyone was crying and shouting at the abductors to let us go, but I remained calm as I watched the jeep that followed the truck they held us in.

Through the car's window, I squinted to get a clearer view of the man seated beside the driver.

On a closer glance, I immediately recognized him, and at that moment, something hit my face and I blacked out.

However, I didn't need to wonder anymore. The door came open, and in walked a majestic figure that turned out to be non-other than him.

Smiling, he said, "Good to see you again, Tabitha."

And I froze.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Voice of the little one!

It's a few minutes to 12am, and it's the celebration of the international day of the girl-child. I couldn't possibly let this da...